Monday, January 9, 2012

Journey through weightloss...

I really hope i dont regret posting this but i'm hoping it will help other people through their journey through weightloss...so im sucking it up and being brave.
If youre going to be negative, get out of here.i know im overweight.i dont need you to remind me that i'm fat.be supportive so i can remind myself how close i am to my prebaby body!


Almost two years ago, the most precious little girl came into my life. Along with 45 extra pounds. yea...i know...
My husband and I had just moved to San Diego. As a new military wife i came into the city without knowing anyone but my husband. I met some other wives but they were still doing their thing and going out and me being pregnant, i felt out of the loop and didnt want to be a "burden" of their fun. it was awkward for me being out and pregnant not to mention all the awful sickness i was having. My husband was also gone alot for military duty so Being home alone in the beginning was hard...and boring...and it made me upset.i turned to food. its weird because you dont even know that you turn to it until later on after your like "wtf when did i turn into a cow???"
it wasnt until alittle more than half way through my pregnancy that i met some other ladies who were pregnant too...then we induldged together...


This is me BEFORE i had kids
Freaking awesome! i know!! i worked out everyday single day, partied every night, ate what i wanted and NEVER gained a pound! 5'7 and 148lbs in that picture.



After having my beautiful baby girl, not much longer after...i became pregnant again. i mean dont get me wrong, i was happy and excited...but i was also sad. i had finally began to fit into my pre preggo clothes again. i worked so hard and now i was going to gain it all back in a matter of weeks.
The day i found out i was having baby number 2. i was trying so hard to get rid of that bump.haha i was so frustrated. duhhhhhh no wonder...its a little bebe.

yeah...8 1/2 months pregnant and at my all time biggest...i cried almost everyday...most nights i still do.
The day before i went into labor i had my doctor appt and weighed in at 211lbs...i cried.my doctor asked me if i was samoan.i cried more. cause no...im not.
taking care of two babies under the age of two is REALLY hard at first...i was so tired and my brain was wrapped around babies that i dont really remember much of the beginning lol.just babies.
about a month after, i was able to get used to their schedule so i was determined to get my ass to work...
My husband doesnt care about this stuff...but i was not about to ahve him come home from deployment seeing me still wearing my maternity clothes.HELL NO!
Most importantly, i wanted to live a healthy lifestyle.i want to be confident like i was, set a good example for my kids, and play with them at the park.I am not going to let pregnancy be the excuse for my unhealthy choices!!
I started doing Zumba with some girlfriends.i LOVED it. i literally laughed my ass off the whole time because i looked absolutly ridiculous but i was moving, having fun and burning 1000 calories in an hour. SAY WHAAA?
the time schedules conflicted with mine and i couldnt get a babysitter so i stopped going but i will be doing it regularly when i get back to SD. SO now im stuck doing workouts in my basement every night and relying on a healthy diet...which wasnt always so healthy.

I also take CLA supplements which ahve been great cause they are all natural.none of that jittery crap and i get my full 7 hours of sleep every night to keep a regular metabolism.i have sweets mroe than i should but i eat ALOT of fruits and veggies.mmmmmmm!! LOTS OF WATER has been a major role in my diet too.anyways i could go on and on and on about everything in my diet and exercise routine but im not going to...point is, there is no excuse on why you cant workout.there are videos for free online and there are tons of activities you can do to get yourself moving.
im not giving up.im almost where i want to be!





It takes hard work to see good results...so far ive lost 41lbs.i had my son 4 months ago.
if you just had a baby remember that it took you 9 months to put ont he weight so expect it to take just as long to lose it.
ive still got work to do...i know that...im not giving up.
you shouldnt either.

3 comments:

  1. Very encouraging! You are a brave person to have done this. :) Keep up the good work, you're looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mela this in Nichole Leites yo are Beautiful just as your family and your kids are, dont let the little things get to you. Stay ddertimened and do what ever it takes. I went to Zumba for the first time with my mom and i looked rediculouse but it was fun. I have faith in you and i know you can do it. I know we arent that close its probly odd that im writting you but its always nice to get encourgment from other even when its unexpected. Good luck with everything and no matter whatnever lose faith in yourself!

    Nichole

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! it took me a couple hours to decide if i wanted to post this or not...im glad i did, just the right push to keep me going

    ReplyDelete